Wednesday 23 March 2011

Total 0% Greek Yoghurt Split Pots

Look at this lovely parcel of goodies that arrived for me a couple of weeks ago!


Last year I really enjoyed sampling and reviewing a selection of Total Greek Yoghurt so when they contacted me again to see if I would like to try out their new range of 0% Greek Yoghurt Split Pots I was more than willing to give them a try.


So, as you can see, I was sent a great selection of different flavours, all neatly parcelled up in a little cool bag (which will come in very handy for our summer picnics!). The split pots are available in four flavours - Honey, Blueberry, Strawberry and Tropical Fruits and combine Total's natural, fat-free Greek yoghurt with a side portion of honey or fruit compote. These yoghurts are higher in protein than other varieties and contain fewer than 130 calories, except for the honey which has 167 calories.


These definitely get the thumbs up from me. I found the fruit compotes to be very sweet, especially the strawberry and blueberry, however in contrast the yoghurt, which has no added sugar or artificial sweeteners, is very tart and, when mixed with the fruit or honey, creates a perfect balance.

Overall I preferred the tropical fruits and honey to the strawberry and blueberry (I've always preferred these two fruits in their natural state), although they were all really nice. The portions are very generous and they definitely kept the hunger pangs away for quite a while. The only small "issue" I had with the honey pots is that the honey was solid when I came to eat them, presumably from being kept in the fridge. I didn't mind too much as I love honey like this, however some people might get frustrated at having to dig the honey out!


If you're interested in giving these a try you can find them in most Waitrose stores for 79p per pot (usual price 1.09)

Thanks to Total for sending me these samples to try.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the honey being a bit hard, but they're still tasty anyway. They're nice and filling...definitely keep hunger at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yummy. I think I've got some yoghurt coming thus weekend. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete