Wednesday 7 July 2010

Snickers & Peanut Butter Muffins


Now THIS is a muffin recipe and then some. I have to admit that I've had mixed success with muffin recipes. Despite trying desparately not to overmix the batter I've often ended up with muffins that are heavy and just plain disappointing. Not these though! They turn out light and fluffy with lovely chunks of snickers throughout. And peanut butter haters be reassured - it provides just a background hint rather than full-on flavour.

Snickers & Peanut Butter Muffins
(adapted from How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson)

250g/9oz plain flour
6 tablespoons/85g golden caster sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
pinch of salt
6 tablespoons/160g crunchy peanut butter
60g/2oz unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
175ml milk
3 x 65g snickers bars, chopped
12-bun muffin tin lined with paper cases

1) Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6

2) Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, and then stir gently into the bowl. Mix in the Snickers pieces and then divide the mix between the muffin cases.

3) Cook for 20-25 minutes until the tops are risen, golden and firm to the touch. Leave in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing and leaving to cool on a wire rack.

Makes 12

3 comments:

  1. Heavenly! It's all I can say really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Helen, I am drooling! These look great - a heavenly combination in my view! Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these are gorgeous. I definitely need to make these!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete