Sunday 16 November 2014

Toffee Apple Waffle Pudding

Well, this one had me at hello.

The recipe popped up in an email from Tesco containing a variety of ideas for autumn and Halloween but I only had eyes for this one. It was destiny.



































There's not really much else I can say except for goodness sake make this as soon as feasibly possible. You can find the recipe here.

It all came together pretty easily but I would add the following:

* Don't worry if you don't have a dish that can be used on the hob and in the oven. I just cooked the apples in a large frying pan and then transferred them to an ovenproof dish.

* The caramel sauce didn't bubble up when I added the cream like the recipe said it should. I just turned up the heat and let the sauce bubble for a bit to reduce it and it turned out fine.

* I halved the recipe but found I didn't have enough of the egg/milk/cream mixture so ended up using almost the amount specified for 8 portions. If I ever make it for 8 I'll have extra cream to hand just in case.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe last year and it went down a storm! I'm making double the amount this year as there wasn't enough for guests last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe last year and it went down a storm! I'm making double the amount this year as there wasn't enough for guests last year.

    ReplyDelete