Friday 7 September 2012

Cherry Cheesecake

When I made the Black Forest Gateau for the Clandestine Cake Club in July I was left with almost an entire jar of Cherry Jam to use up. We don't eat very much jam but luckily I had just the recipe to help me use it up.


This is another Nigella recipe that a friend made for a dinner party some time ago and I had been meaning to try it ever since.  As with so many Nigella recipes this one turned out almost exactly as I'd hoped (my only slight complaint was that it wasn't as deep as I was expecting) and it tasted wonderful.


Aswell as tasting great this cheesecake also has a whiff of nostalgia about it. Those of you old enough might remember those ready-to-assemble cheesecakes you could buy in boxes back in the 70s or 80s. Each box contained a sachet of biscuit crumbs for the base that you added butter to, a sachet containing the filling (I can't remember if this was in powder form or not) and a sachet of fruit topping. We had these quite often and I loved them so I was very pleased to discover that this cheesecake tastes almost exactly the same!

You can find the recipe here on Nigella's website.



No comments:

Post a Comment