Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hotel Chocolat - The Sleekster Love Collection

Here we are in February already and that's only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not very fond of January with it's short days and cold weather so I'm happy to take one step closer to Spring.  Plus this month brings with it two reasons to celebrate.  Firstly, it's my birthday and secondly, of course, it's Valentine's Day.  Unfortunately, the first is yet to be recognised nationally but the second undoubtedly is and you can't escape the appearance of cards and other gifts in the shops encouraging us to celebrate this day of love.

As my birthday is so near we don't tend to make a big deal of Valentine's Day, however if I was able to choose, my preferred gift would be chocolate over flowers every time. So when Hotel Chocolat sent me their Sleekster Love Collection to sample I was naturally delighted.


This is one of their more colourful boxes that I've seen, with lots of pretty pinks, reds and oranges to brighten up the chocolate browns and creams - definitely a box to appeal to the girls. As always there was plenty to tempt me - from the alcoholic Vodka, Champagne and Buck's Fizz truffles through to the more mellow Raspberry Rapture, Praline Oyster and Caramel Hearts, with lots more in between. All were of course delicious with rich, top quality chocolate surrounding full-flavoured centres (although the Chilli Caramel had quite a kick to it!).

Hotel Chocolat have plenty of other things to choose from in their Valentine's Day Gifts range, from a simple but elegant Chocolate Heart... 



...to their impressive, it-must-be-serious, Valentine's Hamper.


If you're looking to treat someone special on the 14th then you're spoilt for choice.

Many thanks again to Hotel Chocolat for providing me with this sample to review.



No comments:

Post a Comment