I am cursed with a terrible affliction - I call it chocolate telepathy.
Chocolate speaks to me you see. I hear it calling to me from far off places....the cupboard, the supermarket, the freezer (see below). Against my will the little voices draw me in, enticing me, encouraging me, until I'm helpless to resist. I hear stories of people leaving chocolate untouched in their cupboards for days, weeks even, but I don't believe them.
Today I am suffering at the hands of this little recipe that I found in Nigella Express (I know....Nigella again). Make it at your peril!
Chocolate Pistachio Fudge
(adapted from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson)
350g dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids), chopped
1 x 397g can condensed milk
30g unsalted butter
150g pistachios, chopped
1) Melt all of the ingredients, apart from the pistachios, in a heavy based saucepan over low heat, stirring regularly.
2) Mix in the pistachios (as you can see from the picture I substituted the pistachios for raisins and was more than happy with the result).
3) Pour into a 23cm foil tray (or any tin of similar proportions) and smooth the top.
4) Leave in the fridge to cool then cut into bite-sized pieces.
5) The fudge can now be stored in the freezer presumably with the intention of keeping for a reasonable length of time. Good luck with that.